Thursday, February 05, 2009

The MediPort


My narcissus were upset because I put up the picture of the daffodil before theirs...and they've been blooming since late December.
.
One of my goals this year was to take a daily picture, and I'm failing in this goal. I have a digital camera, but it seems like it's never around when I see a photo opportunity.
.
Yesterday was the installation of the MediPort. I was to be first in line for surgery, but got bumped. We had to arrive at 6:45 am, and after getting into the gown, laid down on the narrow bed, throwing a sheet over myself, the dh and I were left alone to wait. We both fell asleep! It was too funny.
.
After nine, they started to prep me for surgery. My veins are not good. If only I had my husbands, you can see his from across the room. Mine like to hide. So, the first needle stick didn't work, the second one did. In my left hand index finger! I have so many needle tracks in my wrist it looks like I'm an addict! Not to mention the bruising.
.
They gonked me out and off I went. Waking up later, I was ready to go home. But, the first thing they did was feed me lunch, a liquid lunch. I slurped up a vanilla pudding, strawberry jello, chicken broth, milk, apple juice, berry juice, a grape popsicle, and two other items that I can't remember.
.
By two-thirty we were on our way home, a quarter of a mile away. I went to bed and managed to sleep the rest of the surgery drugs out of my body, I was comatose.
.
So...I have a three-inch incision just above my heart area. It's sore, but nothing that a pain pill can't control.
.
The adventure continues. Tomorrow is an appointment with an occupational therapist at the Cancer Center.
.

2 Comments:

At 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are those paperwhites? I LOVE the scent of paperwhites!

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Donna Caubarreaux said...

Yes, my darlings are paperwhites. If I pick even a small bunch, the scent perfumes the whole room. It's a little flower with a big scent. I have a couple of gardenia bushes, and I love that scent. What I miss from my living in the north days, are lilacs. They always remind me of my grandmother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.shinjoy.com/neopets