Monday, January 19, 2009

Some days are not happy days...

I couldn't find a neat clipping or drawing for today's post. I woke up past my wake-up time and was close to an hour late draining my drainage bags. These two dangling darlings are not fun.

Today was an office visit at the surgeons, so I had to shower, dry the hair, dry off the dangling darlings and put on a blouse. Why can't we wear our pajamas to the doctor's office?

The dear hubby drove me the block to the office, and he waited in the lobby while I went into the examing room, where I immediately put my head back and fell asleep.

My doctor interrupted the beginning of my dream, and I should have stayed asleep. He showed me my test results. I officially have 9 of 20 axillary lymph nodes positive for metastatic carcinoma. He said the results were 'bizarre,' and that's not a word you want to hear from your surgeon. Then he asked me why I was draining my bags every day at the same time??? Both his nurse and I rolled our eyes. Then he caught on that I was told to do it when I was discharged from the hospital.

I have an appointment with the oncologist on Thursday to determine what is going to happen next.

My dear hubby and son at home are treating me awfully nice. That's what worries me the most.

My chant 'I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.' is hard to do today. I imagine that I will have more of these days in my future.

An online friend stated today that I had 'tremendous grace'...I hope I don't let her down.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 4:07 AM, Blogger radiantfitness said...

Here's hoping that today is happier.

 
At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep a positive attitude. You can beat this. My prayers are with you.

 
At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey, you do have tremendous grace. You CAN do this. And I know you know that you aren't alone. You have people all over the country -- all over the world! -- pulling for you. I hope you can feel it. I'm sending you lots of support and strength!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.shinjoy.com/neopets