Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Round Two: Chemo Wins!

As usual, there is a blood donation for the lab. This time it only took one stick of the needle. I have a lovely purple patch on the top of my left hand. At least it wasn't my wrist like last week.
.
Then, after waiting for my lab results, I head back to the treatment room. There was only one chair available, other patients sat in all the other chairs, receiving drugs via the drip method.
.
My nurse wasn't happy with the needle placement in the mediport, as blood wouldn't come up in the needle, so she restuck me. It doesn't hurt when she does this. I had to apply a cream, then a transparant bandage over the cream that covered my mediport an hour before treatment. This is to deaden the area, and works, as I didn't feel anything. Always a plus.
.
They flush the tube then hung the chemo bag, it didn't take long for the chemo to hit. I wore a long sleeved sweater, and pulled it closer around me. A chill crept over my body and it felt like my body was on ice. Not the ice where you shiver and shake, but a deadlier ice, as though you died but your brain was still alive.
.
But not for long. Thankfully, I fell asleep through most of the rest of the treatment.
.
I still have the inner chill today.
.
Alas, I also have other problems to worry about. My body is bleeding internally, somewhere. Some more tests are being scheduled while I write this blog.
.
How do I feel? My spirits are up, the chill makes me want to snuggle in bed with my feather comforter, and my dh brought me a camellia and laid it on my computer.
.
Life is good. Enjoy each day you have.
.
.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.shinjoy.com/neopets