Thursday, February 26, 2009

Iron, Iron, Where Did I Put That Thing?

I would have a photo of a bag of blood being administered through all the tubes, etc., here, but it cost $15.95 and I figured that you would know what that looked like anyway.
.
Woe to me.
.
The second blood transfusion this week. Another two pints.
.
What is happening? Well, I thought it was my white blood cells falling too low, when in fact, it was my red blood cells. Hello! That's what I get for thinking.
.
I'm anemic right now. So, a handy-dandy little package for me to get a sample of something I'd sooner forget about. I need to bring it back on Monday...that is unless I need to go to the hospital between now and then.
.
The week-end ER doctor has already been notified that I might be a guest.
.
The overnight bag I was supposed to get together and didn't, should now be packed. Just in case.
.
The brave dh is covering up his concern. But I know he's worried. I'm fretting as well. But what's a girl to do?
.
Follow the doctor's orders, and get my act in place.
.
The iron reference (I do know where the dusty thing is kept), is to the iron in the blood that I am now missing. An interesting fact...I have been suffering from RLS, better known as Restless Leg Syndrome lately. While searching the net yesterday concerning this, I found a blog that had a wonderful review of a book and it had an URL for me to check out. The blog also had some comments that stated what a great book it was. So, checking it out, it costs $29. bucks. There was some great advertising going on, but cautious me (well, cheap), wondered if it all wasn't a hoax. It described that we needed one mineral, and our RLS would disappear.
.
Well, little internet junkie that I am, while I was really looking for was a stock photo I could use, I found an informative text concerning anemia, which is what I now have. And guess what!
.
You guessed. That one mineral is iron. So, maybe my RLS can be relieved once my iron levels go back up. Color me thrilled and richer by $29.
.
.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 4:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your anemia and continued need for blood. It sounds like your doctors are being wonderful, though -- ever cautious and vigilant.

That's interesting about the RLS-iron connection. I'll have to pass this along to a friend who has suffered with RLS for a decade.

Hang in there.

 
At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hanging!

Was delighted to help anyone out with the RSL. It has driven my hubby crazy for years. I don't have it all the time, but when I do, it drives me crazy as well.

While sitting in the lounge chair getting my blood this week, my legs wouldn't stop. So...I'm hoping that this is an easy fix.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Edie Ramer said...

Donna, good for you that your doctors are one this so quickly. And good that taking care of one problem will take care of two.

I'm still sending healthy vibes to you!

 
At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Donna! -waving from NE Oregon- I thought I'd check in and look what I find you doing! As it happens, my dh just got a cancer diagnoses and we are now swimming behind you in this stream of medical life. I'll just add you to my prayer list and thank you for your posts which look like guideposts in front of me.
btw, I have RLS too but no one's ever told me that I'm iron deficient. hmmm
-hugs- Jennifer Harris

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Donna Caubarreaux said...

Jennifer, I'm sorry to hear about your dh's cancer. It's a big river with lots of people swimming in the same direction, so don't ever feel that you are alone.

Hey, are you close to Long Creek? I have relatives living there. Spent a week there as a kid and it was wonderful. Everyone in town knew I was a 'stranger' and once I said I was Irma's granddaughter, everyone nodded. It was a great vacation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.shinjoy.com/neopets