Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Life Goes On...Without Margaret Plauche



A friend of mine is being buried today.

Margaret Plauche...

It's been a few weeks since I saw her wave at me, a big smile on her face, while volunteering as the room mother for her eldest daughter.

She was always available to give a helping hand to the community, her business and especially to her family.

Intelligent, articulate, a tiny woman with a bundle of energy. It seemed to me that she could do anything she set her mind to...except to protect herself.

Dragged out of her home during the late night hours, she couldn't protect herself as her husband allegedly shot her in the throat.

She didn't have a chance.

So, in one instant, the time it takes to pull a trigger, this wonderful woman was destroyed.

Her two daughters lost their life as they knew it.

Everything changed.

Yet, life goes on.

We weep the tears, knowing that nothing will ever bring her back, but, I'll always remember her wave...and her smile.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a horrible tragedy. And her daughters lost both parents at the same time. My heart goes out to them and to you for the loss of a friend. She sounds like an amazing person. I guess it reminds us all to put in a little more effort in our own lives.

My condolences.

 
At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the pleasure of meeting and working with Margaret several years ago in Monroe, Louisiana. Margaret was always such a joy...she made me laugh during our most stressful work days. I was devestated to learn the news of her death. My prayers are with her family and friends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.shinjoy.com/neopets