Saturday, January 12, 2008

Measuring our goals...



Organization for me means....knowing where all my tax information is at the end of February, when all the 1099's are supposed to be in our hands. Not being reminded at the end of March by my accountant to get my stuff together.

Having a 'clean' house, on schedule. That's a part of my organization. I have a huge spreadsheet, call me anal or forgetful, the latter being more the case. While working on this spreadsheet project, my hubby notified me that we had dinner guests coming in an hour, and to 'spiffy' up the place. As I looked around, there was nothing that needed my attention. Welcome, guests! It was a crawfish boil, so not a biggie to have extra people over. But I knew my house was 'company clean' and could relax instead of the giving the infamous 'lick and a promise'.

Paying my bills on time. That pesky water bill had better be paid and in their office by the tenth or they will turn my water off! And other bills as well. I'm supposed to pay any and all bills on each Sunday, to mail out on Monday. Sounds simple, but sometimes the bills aren't put in the correct 'pile'.

To me, being organized isn't meaning that it's done by the end of the year, but each and every day. At least in my estimation. Some projects can slide for a day or two, but not when the water bill 'must' be in their hands by the tenth.

This year I expect to have finished two screenplays, three novels, and to get the attention of a publisher for my finished projects.

One day a week, I would like to work an afternoon on my genealogy book. There is a 'family cookbook' that I'd like to do for my future generations. One of the grandgirls asked me for my macaroni and cheese recipe. The only recipe that I have from my grandmother is to add pepper to pumpkin pies, it was the 'family' secret, that she told everyone. LOL

But when it becomes time to make pumpkin pies, I sprinkle pepper in it as a tribute to my grandmother. I'd like to be remembered like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.shinjoy.com/neopets