Monday, November 12, 2012

Pepper Phillips Kills Her Touch Pad


In July I managed to ruin my computer, so I had to buy a new one.

I’m still learning it, but one of the things I couldn’t turn off was the Touch Pad. I looked online, visited HP’s website, tried to tap the little box in the upper left hand corner as directed. Nothing worked. Absolutely nothing. All their instructions sucked big time. I could easily hire myself out to a computer company and tell them the problems they have with their product and why their instructions should be written in clear, concise step-by-step instructions. They assume that I know what the hell I’m doing when I turn that power key on. I don’t.

The problem was that my thumbs kept hitting the touch pad and moving all over the page, cutting words I had written (a big no-no in my book).

What’s a girl to do? 

I need the thumbs to hit the space bar. But it became too much to overlook.

So, I thought I would cover it up and found a neat little coaster that I obtained several years ago, add two strips of two inch clear strapping tape and I thought, this will work!


The only problem was, it was too thin. If my fat thumbs hit the touch pad, it would still jerk around.

Not good.

So I looked around for something stiff. Do you know how hard it is to find exactly what you need when your only requirement is that it be hard, square and something you won’t need again.

I walked by a cardboard box several times, then decided I would use it. I trimmed it to fit the area, and since I didn’t like the brown industrial look, I copied out a writer’s quote.


Taping the sucker down with two strips of two inch wide clear strapping tape solved the problem. This is what it looks like.


And it WORKS!

Due to the fact that cardboard has two layers and the inside wavy part, if you touch it, nothing happens. Absolutely nothing. The cost, next to nothing.

If I want to use the touch pad, I can take off the tape. If I want to change the quote, easily doable.

Color me a happy camper. I solved a major problem with my laptop!


.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.shinjoy.com/neopets