Thursday, August 03, 2006

Filling the Well

If any of you have read Julia Cameron's, The Artist's Way, you know that sometimes you have to fill your creativity well.

That happened to me last week at the Romance Writers of America National Conference held in Dallas.

One of my chapters, the screenwriters, hosted a two hour workshop with Michael Hauge, a screenplay consultant, who used one of my screenplays (one of two samples) as a constructive part of his program.

Afterward, I was honored to have lunch with him.

Then that afternoon, he did another two hour workshop for the general members of RWA. I've never seen so many people taking notes with such a flurry. The main thing I learned was internal conflict. Michael didn't use the same terms that romance writers use, but that was it in a nutshell. Internal conflict.

So, I know where I need to go with my rewrites.

I'm ready to pound the keyboard.

And on a good note, I also found out that my two entries in Scriptscene's, Share the Dream Contest, were both finalists. That was a sweet surprise. I'll see how I place in September.

I'm still waiting on the final results for another contest...they are way overdue in announcing the winners. I feel for the coordinators.

2 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the wins, Donna. And I so love The Artist's Way. I pull it out and reread sections when I need an artistic lift and those artist dates really do work - which reminds me - I need to have one. :)

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finalling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.shinjoy.com/neopets